Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Recent Reading


It's time I reminded everyone (everyone?) that I'm still writing and reading even thought I have a lot going on at the moment. I'll be able to say more later. In the meantime I'll chat about some of the many books I've read and enjoyed over the past few months. By the way I do not blog about all the books I've read. Some I have decided not to blog about, Maybe it's because they may not have been my cup of tea, one or two I've not liked but most of the titles I don't mention here don't appear because...well...life's too short and I am a bit busy!

Which is why I'm not even going to write about them here. I know, I know. The problem is partly because Blogger is playing silly bananas at the moment and is not working properly for me. Just look at the way the cover images are displayed!) 

But I will make one exception. Matt Haig has been hovering under my radar for some time. I first was aware of him, when he published his personal account of his depression (Reasons to Keep living which I blogged about here.) You see, those who know a bit about me will be aware that depression and anxiety have  dogged me on and off since I was eighteen. Fortunately, I have never been in such a bad place as Matt discusses in that book. Anyway, I love his latest much-talked of novel pictured here. I reviewed it on Amazon so if you wish to read it, click here.

I'm not flagging Matt's novel over and above others I have enjoyed recently even though it does look like that!  

Anyway, here are the books I have read  or am reading t now. (Yes, I often have at least 2 on the go at the same time. Some thought-provoking, some sheer enjoyment, some rattling page-turners depending on how I am feeling at the time.)







I'm not asking you to read any. Just to say I've read them with pleasure and to confirm I'm still around. Note to self: write a better blog post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments even if they disagree with my opinions - but only if they are friendly and add to the discussion. I will delete pdq any spam, insults or total irrelevancies.